Terms & Conditions
50% Deposit is required to secure your booking. (Non-returnable)
I understand to keep the guesthouse in the same good order and tidy condition as in which received.
I further undertake not to be a nuisance, or annoyance to other guests or to Guesthouse owner.
- No pets are allowed.
- We don’t have a liquor licence, thus alcohol is used at own risk and the guests take full responsibility for their actions.
- Day visitors are welcome to visit guests between 10h00am and 19h00pm
- Keep quiet after 10h00pm, to respect other guests and tenants.
- No firearms are allowed.
- The swimming pool can be used at own risk, the guesthouse owner will take no responsibility for any injury or death of any guests or visitors. The guest(s) are responsible for the right swimming wear and gear (Polly otters etc.) No drinking in the swimming pool.
- No cleaner/room service on Sundays.
- Additional breakage fee of R500 will be charged to your account in the case of plates, glasses, cutlery, chairs & tables broken or missing.
The guesthouse owner and staff accepts no liability whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage to person or property brought by myself onto the premises, whether arising from fire, theft, death or from any other cause. Whilst every reasonable precaution has been taken to ensure the safety of our guests and their possessions on these premises, the owners and staff of Monsieur Dévan will not be held responsible for any damage or loss brought on by myself or my guests.
Guests, who are misbehaving and in breach of this agreement, shall be asked immediately to vacate the premises and all monies paid, will be forfeited.
I (guest) hereby agree that for the duration of our function/stay at Monsieur Dévan that I am personally liable and that legal steps can be taken against me for any damages/breakages to the property and unit/s; Room/s at Monsieur Dévan Guest Accommodation and that it will be for my account. I hereby also agree to the cancellation police that I can obtain from reception. The loss or miss placing of the key/remote controls provided will attract a R1000 replacement fees.
Please be advised that our cancellation policy is as follows, unless there are compelling/extenuating circumstances:
- Written proof of cancellation must be provided as well as reason for cancellation;
- Cancellation 0 – 10 days before date of arrival for confirmed booking and / or cancellation on arrival and / or no show – visitor forfeits 100% of deposit paid and full booking will be charged to your credit card or account;
- Cancellation 11 – 30 days before date of arrival for confirmed booking – visitor forfeits 100% of deposit paid or 25% of full quote value (whichever greater);
- Cancellation 30 days before date of arrival – visitor forfeits 10% of deposit paid;
- Early departure – full payment of booking required;
- In case of a “no show” or late arrival without prior confirmation – no refund and booking will be cancelled.
Monsieur Dévan Guesthouse will consider the following to be compelling/extenuating circumstances, under which cancellation may be accepted, purely on compassionate basis, at no charge, provided that proof is furnished:
- Life threatening and unforeseen illness / sickness of client(s) or their immediate family member(s)
- Death of client(s) or their immediate family member(s)
Payment Terms - Pre-booking
We accept the following forms of payment:
All Major Credit Cards